Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hey Everyone!


Just a little introduction about myself, I'm Sadie. I'm a sophomore at the University of Minnesota majoring in professional strategic communications (PR). I'm your typical 20 year old, ya know?


Soooo I'm starting this blog for one of my classes. It might be a little rough at first so hang in there! :) I plan on blogging about my upcoming Pay It Forward tour to Washington, D.C (woot woot!) and other 'do good' experiences that come up. It wasn't until this past year that I realized how passionate I am about giving back. I have been blessed with so many things in life, a loving family, a college education, a place to call home, food to eat, clothes on my back, that the least I could do is give back to someone who is less fortunate. 


I would speculate that some of you may be wondering what the heck a Pay It Forward (PIF) tour is. Well a PIF tour is a community service road trip that travels from city to city doing different service projects. The tours are put on by the non-profit organization, Students Today Leaders Forever (STLF). Fun tidbit: STLF was found by a couple of U of M students. How cool is that? I can proudly say that I am partaking in a tour over spring break. I will be traveling to Chicago, IL, Milan, IN, Pigeon Forge, TN, Greensboro NC, Virginia Beach, VA, and Washington, DC.  Goodbye Minnesota, hello East Coast! There was a group meeting tonight that has made me beyond excited to go! 


Here's a quote I would like to share with ya'll:


What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others. 
-Pericles 


Night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment